You can save 30% to 50% cost of using containers by using used cargo containers instead of new containers for your purposes. New containers can cost $2,000 and $4,000 but you can get quality-refurbished units less then that.
Whatever your plan-for storage, overseas shipping or as temporary mobile house-used containers are available online. Many sellers offer delivery to your door as well as a chance to preview the container via online photos. According to your need, you can try to find out a container.
In choosing cargo containers, here are a few attributes you’ll want to consider in advance:
1) What materials- aluminum, steel, stainless steel, of the container, both inside and out, beastly suits your intended use?
2) Considering size, weight, and cubic capacity is important. Though dimensions are standard fair of online postings, so containers that will be used to ship cargo overseas must meet the standard dimensions required for shipping. To compare both external dimensions and internal dimensions is important because external dimensions and internal dimensions may not same of a container. Whatever you plan to ship, make sure that recommended load volume for that container does not exceed.
3) Resistance to vandals, fire, wind and water is must for a container. It needs to be watertight, if the container is traveling overseas. Resistance to vandals is your top priority, if you will use it for storage in an unsavory part of town.
4) Consider which of the many options available you will need: Vents, partitions, electrical wiring, storage racks, windows, refrigeration (reefer), heating, door and cargo sensors, and so on.
5) Do you need doors on only one end or both ends? Open or hard top? Rolling doors?
6) Shop locally if possible. This will save you shipping and handling charges and help you obtain a money back guarantee just in case there is damage that you did not spot before you purchase.
7) Grade system is used to determine the quality of used containers. Learn the grade system. It helps you to purchase the best.
Compare among different services and prices offered by different suppliers. It will help you to walk through your options and determine the appropriate solution for your needs.
9) You can find plenty of used cargo containers available online. Simply type in “buy used cargo container” into any search engine and you’re off. This can give you an idea of what various buyers are paying for the same container.
These are the guidelines for you. By following these guidelines you can find and purchase the best used cargo according to your plan.
Container Conversion Service:
If you want to use used cargo container as a mobile home or office that’s a very good idea. Using cargo container as office or home is best because it is easy to transport, lees space is needed for it than a building, above all it is suited for the construction of the twenty first century.
There are many companies available who convert containers. Each of them help you to make sure the containers are safe and the steel is galvanized to avoid rust. The conversion involves fitting the modules with solar panels, Wi-Fi, bamboo flooring and charging facilities for electric vehicles of the future. The cost to the consumer is $100 to $200 a square foot, compared with the $300-a-square-foot preconstruction price of most ground-up units.
In Internet, plenty of companies are available online. Simply type in “conversion cargo container” into any search engine and you’re off. This can give you an idea about the services of various companies.