Three part survey — please only honest answers? Yes or no, why or why not.
Please don’t answer if you already answered this question. This is a running survey. Thanks!
1. Are you concerned about depleting the planet of fossil fuels and the connected problems of pollution, environmental degradation, resource wars, etc?
2. Is switching to a renewable source of power for your home in your plans within the next 5 years?
3. Would you switch to solar power (PV panels) if you didn’t have to pay any more than what you now pay for electricity and you had no investment, installation or maintenance cost?
1. Very concerned. I feel that we will find alternative fuels, but we seem, as a country to only get motivated in finding them when we are affected. Just look at gas prices the last year. When gas prices go sky high, then people buy the hybrids,etc. When gas goes back down, then it’s back to the big SUV’s.
2. Unfortunately, no…affordability is the main concern.
3. Yes. If somehow, the present power companies went into this business, then we’d all be better off…them too in the long run. Just think of where we would be as a country if every house built during the last ten years had been required to be solar.